Tuesday, February 26, 2013

New Dancing with the Stars Season 16 cast

Many don't care about who's on Dancing with the Stars... but for those of us who do... here is the big question about this new season:

WHERE'S MAKS?
Courtesy of Angela Weiss/Getty Images/ETOnline

It's truly hard to imagine a Dancing season without the stunningly handsome, dashing and oh so obnoxiously arrogant Maksim Chmerkovsky, but there it is. There is one Mr. C dancing this season, and his name is Val.

Maks' displeasure with Dancing has been noticably obvious ever since his "It's my show" gaffe. Pouty, walking through the paces, not participating—have all been hallmarks of his recent seasons since then. So, he's not going out with a bang, exactly, in fact, I'm not seeing any stories even mentioning his absence, but to me, it's a pretty big thing.

It may or may not have been "his show," but Maks' presence on the other dancers was certainly felt. He appeared to be a mentor to many, and a royal pain to many others.

I am kinda glad to see a season without him, but his loss will really be felt.

But let's get on to the others, shall we?


One of the saddest results of the "It's my show" debacle was that up until then, the pros who dance every season were getting as much notoriety as the amateur "star" dancers. That, now, is gone.

So the people I want to feature most here will have no pictures for the moment. :-(



JACOBY JONES AND KARINA SMIRNOFF

He's some kind of football player/sports guy. But he's paired with Karina, so he's one to watch.







D.L. HUGHLEY AND CHERYL BURKE

Like the actor, like Cheryl Burke. Should be interesting.







WYNONA JUDD AND TONY DOVOLANI

Reigning champ Dovolani has a country singer as his partner this season. Should be fun.





ZENDAYA COLEMAN AND 
VALENTIN CHMERKOVSKY

Disney stars usually cause me to yawn. But Val was so amazing last season, I'm looking forward to it. Plus, he's the only Chmerkovsky to watch. *sob*




INGO RADEMACHER AND KYM JOHNSON

Handsome dude from ABC daytime television, plus one of the sexiest and most fun dancers to watch. This will be an interesting pairing.




DOROTHY HAMILL AND TRISTAN MCMANUS

The sex-on-wheels team this season, though, is probably this one. (Oh, yes, Dorothy Hamill is still sexy!) And this pairing (she a former Olympian) could go longer in the season than any of his previous ones. Thank goodness for that. The fans are clamouring!



VICTOR ORTIZ AND LINDSAY ARNOLD

Normally, I wouldn't be including them, but she trained with Mark Ballas. One cannot discount that. Oh, and she also placed in the Top 10 of
"So You Think You Can Dance" last season.





KELLIE PICKLER AND DEREK HOUGH

I'm saving my favorite two teams for last. Don't know who she is, but she's paired with Derek.





ALY RAISMAN AND MARK BALLAS

Straight out of the gate, I always root for Mark Ballas first and loudest. I love to watch him dance. So from this moment, I'm Team Aly/Mark.




I'm leaving out the stunt casting and those I don't care about (Andy Dick, really?)... These are the ones who'll be finalists. But good luck to all. And we will miss you, Maks.

(And we also miss the also-missing Peta Murgatroyd and Anna Trebunskaya.)

Many thanks to ABC/Dancing with the Stars for the promotional photos.

*************************

1 comment:

Please leave a comment. I encourage and welcome the dialogue.